The nebulous shoot was important to get a similar colour between the model’s skin and the water. I adjusted the brightness of my photo, so the whites in the photos blended, this made the skin tone paler.
The image of the petals was laid over the portrait and I traced around the model with the rubber removing the petals so the flowers wouldn’t be covering her.
After this, I reduced the saturation on the petals so the brighter colours wouldn’t stand out. This made the merger between the two photographs easier and more realistic.
I was happy with the final image. The petals really did look like they were shot with the model and the skin tone to the watercolour worked well.